Are you ready to work where you can have real IMPACT? Ambient Energy is an innovative, collaborative firm focused on high quality sustainable design consulting, commissioning and building performance analysis. We are passionate. We are one force working together with design, construction, and owner teams nationwide to improve the impact of buildings on the environment. We maintain a positive and fun working environment in our historic green Denver headquarters building. Our projects range from energy analysis, commissioning and sustainable design consulting for high profile commercial building projects to occupant engagement programs and retro-commissioning for existing buildings. We offer competitive compensation with excellent benefits and are an equal opportunity employer. Send resumes to Lilia Rendon Lilia@ambient-e.com. Our open positions include:
San Francisco Office
Ambient Energy is seeking a Commissioning Agent (Cx). The Cx will have a strong controls and energy engineering background. This job will entail working on commissioning specific projects from beginning to end, developing client relations, keeping projects within budget, and collaborating well with design and construction disciplines. Day to day job responsibilities will range from performing on site commissioning, to developing functional tests, to writing scopes of work, to attending networking events for business development and keeping abreast of technological developments and innovations. The Cx will report directly to the Cx Team Leader.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience working as a Commissioning Agent or as a facilities manager.
- Experience working on at least 2 official LEED projects.
- Strong knowledge of DDC controls, mechanical and electrical systems
- Excellent technical review and editing skills.
- Experience working with large and diverse project teams.
- Experience at working in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with oversight of site inspections, energy audits, data gathering, analysis, site inspections, energy audits.
- Experience with functional testing, energy modeling, trend data analysis, site inspections, and measurement and verification
- Experience working with design teams, architects, contractors, and controls contractors to ensure the commissioning process meets design criteria and local/national codes.
- Energy simulation experience is a plus.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- PE, LEED-AP, CEM, CxA, CCP, CSST, MS and/or QCxP desired
- Work on all tasks required for LEED commissioning services for new and existing buildings.
- Work on re and retro-commissioning projects, measurement and verification projects, and energy audit projects.
- Attend job site visits.
- Work closely with contractors, clients, consulting engineers, architects and their representatives.
- Develop professional relationships.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Lead projects tasks from start to finish within in budget, on schedule and with high quality.
- Be highly responsive and available to clients and to our staff.
- Exceed our clients’ expectations.
Building Performance Engineer, Level 1 or 2
Ambient Energy is seeking a Building Performance Engineer, Level 1 or 2, experienced in integrative design to provide energy consulting as well as our complete range of building performance design consulting and sustainability services.
- Minimum of 5 years (level 2) or 2 years (level 1) of professional experience in energy analysis and sustainable building design.
- Proficient in Energy Plus, OpenStudio, IES-VE, or eQuest and life-cycle cost analysis.
- Able to innovate in passive solar design, HVAC, lighting, controls, renewable energy systems, and carbon neutral buildings.
- Expertise in energy and sustainability building codes and green building rating systems such as LEED, Living Building Challenge, ASHRAE 90.1, IGCC, Title 24, and CalGreen.
- Excellent communication with public speaking and technical writing skills.
- Skilled in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience coding in Ruby or similar coding languages.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- PE or EIT and LEED-AP required for Level 2.
- Additional proficiency in daylight consulting, computational fluid dynamics, natural ventilation, and / or comfort analysis.
- Experience in commissioning, measurement and verification, and building audits.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Provide energy analysis and building performance design consulting.
- Foster innovation in high performance design from concept through operation.
- Developing Ruby measures for OpenStudio.
- Collaborate with diverse project teams through goal setting and analysis of sustainable building strategies.